Re: [WA] Minister denies Govt not committed to high-speed train

James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote:

> Indian Pacific can run at competitive speed to road coaches. If an EL
> class or AN class haul IP along this stretch, higher speed would be
> possible. If you took both the comfortable GSR coach seats and
> Greyhound's crappy coach before you would be able to make a judgement.
> IP's coach seat is a lot more comfortable then Greyhound. It would be
> even better if GSR can provide some sort of club car for coach
> passengers to stretch leg and run IP more frequently.

Well, the EL and AN class after all these years "may"
have the legs but I doubt the ROA stock which is older
than most readers of this group have the same ability.
They will need some serious bogie upgrades.!

AN knew that years ago, with high speed tests on the
Port Augusta-Whyalla line, and the dual track speedway
between Crystal Brook and Coonamia.

The Ghan and IP had cruise ship status back in AN days,
that is where they will remain with the present pass
cars irrespective of the motive power up front.

----Tell
<< Knock out net01 for email reply. >>