Re: Connex set to lose UK rail franchise

Yeah, you could be right!  Unfortunately tickets are no good in telling me
which company, because they are generic and don't list the companies.  Did
see some of the Thameslinks trains while travelling down/back they certainly
looked better thant the Connex one I was on.

Kym

Daniel Bowen wrote in message ...
>"Kym Columbine" <KymColumbine@bigpond.com> wrote in message
>u4pJ5.8211$e5.22576@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:u4pJ5.8211$e5.22576@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
>> David,
>>
>> I agree on the state of the Rollingstock of some of the operators over
>there
>> I was waiting at Horley for  a train back to Victoria when a "Gatwick
>> Express" went through heading to Gatwick A/p - it was a mix match of
>> carriages.  My trip back to London was on an "old" looking swing door
>> electric set.  This was Connex South East from memory.
>
>From memory the companies running between London Victoria and Gatwick are
>Gatwick Express, Connex South Central and Thameslink. Thameslink nice
newish
>sets; Connex are a mix of old swing doors and newer ones. Apparently
Gatwick