Re: Connex set to lose UK rail franchise

Judging from the Connex web site http://www.connex.co.uk/ they're not fussy
about splitting the South Central/South East, though it sounds like it
matters for franchise reasons.

Yeah all the Thameslink trains I travelled on were pretty nice. I travelled
into London from East Croydon a fair bit when visiting in 98 and 99. I get
Thameslink if aiming for London Bridge rather than Victoria.

>From nosing around the Railtrack web site it seems like Thameslink is having
plenty of investment put into it. It's also quite a recent part of the
system, which is probably why it's got the nicest trains.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au