Re: Connex set to lose UK rail franchise

David,

I agree on the state of the Rollingstock of some of the operators over there
I was waiting at Horley for  a train back to Victoria when a "Gatwick
Express" went through heading to Gatwick A/p - it was a mix match of
carriages.  My trip back to London was on an "old" looking swing door
electric set.  This was Connex South East from memory.

Conversley there were some really good rollingstock too.  Scotrail were
operating really nice DMUs on the Edinburgh - Glasgow run, and Chiltern
Railways were operating similar DMUs on their runs to between London and
Birmingham.

I'll scan a photo and post the link for it when I get a chance.

Kym