Re: unusual driver announcement

I remember (when I used to frequent the morning peak services) a
particularly happy driver, when we were stopped to a standstill before
Flinders St. said "The train should get moving soon, and fingers
crossed,  maybe we'll get there on time.......Thank you for travelling
on Bayside Trains"

All through the journey he sounded like he was on Prozac, announcing
the Caulfield changeover, and the express service to South Yarra.