unusual driver announcement

Today (25/10/200) I caught the 4:16 Eltham train from Melbourne Central,
nothing unnusual about that. When the train left Parliament the driver made
an announcement.

"G'day passengers welcome aboard the 4:10 (from Flinders St) Eltham train
running express from Jolimont to Clifton Hill and to Ivanhoe then stopping
all stations to Eltham from Hiedelberg", still nothing too unusual.
"Thank you for travelling Connex trains. I would like to thank you all for
your patronage on this service and hope that you continue to travel Connex
trains in the future in Melbourne, the best city in the world ".

I papraphrased a bit as it went on a while ( almost to Jolimont), but it is
basically what he said.

The driver sounded very happy and positive, which is highly unusual. I think
the G'day is a good touch.

Is there a pay rise, or are the drvers now made to sound positive?

-Ben Smith