Re: unusual driver announcement

Ben wrote:

> Today (25/10/200) I caught the 4:16 Eltham train from Melbourne Central,
> nothing unnusual about that. When the train left Parliament the driver made
> an announcement.
>
> "G'day passengers welcome aboard the 4:10 (from Flinders St) Eltham train
> running express from Jolimont to Clifton Hill and to Ivanhoe then stopping
> all stations to Eltham from Hiedelberg", still nothing too unusual.
> "Thank you for travelling Connex trains. I would like to thank you all for
> your patronage on this service and hope that you continue to travel Connex
> trains in the future in Melbourne, the best city in the world ".
>
> I papraphrased a bit as it went on a while ( almost to Jolimont), but it is
> basically what he said.
>
> The driver sounded very happy and positive, which is highly unusual. I think
> the G'day is a good touch.
>
> Is there a pay rise, or are the drvers now made to sound positive?
>
> -Ben Smith

Yes we got a 3%pay rise this pay, and the electrick prods also make us very
happy and those announcement u hear from now on will be the product of our
things being juiced up every so often, acutally i aint heard of anythink along
the lines of set announcements, that would have been off the drivers own back so
he was happy i guess.
ClawZ