Re: [SA/VIC/NSW] Validating Tickets

> >> Face it. Melbourne has spent too much money on Metcard. Now the cost
> >> is
> >set
> >> to *double* from the original price. I as a taxpayer don't want to
> >> foot the bill, and I'm sure most others don't. It will be cheaper to
> >> reinstate staff on all stations and trams and to scrap the machines
> >> completely.
> >
> >Just have a lot more revenue protection staff, and fine people for not
> >validating (lets get this sorted out in the courts once and for all).
> >Maybe if it was used as intended (what is there now is *not* what was
> >planned) it would have been cheaper and more reiable (although I agree
> >dailies should have been available on-board trams).
>
> And waste even more money?
>
> A cheaper and more customer friendly approach would be to scrap the
> machines, and reinstate conductors & station staff.
>
> Think about it. Paying the extra $270 million to keep Metcard afloat, and
> THEN paying CSE's to go around checking tickets, or scrapping Metcard
> altogether, and reinstating station staff & tram conductors - which is
> cheaper? Which is more friendly to the customer?

Rumor #879087134 says something about OneLink being slow to fix a broken
machine because they want more money from the PTC.

As for the validators, Each morning I walk past two **CLOSED** Validators
when you report them as stuffed they say it has been logged and takes
about 4-5 days before it gets fixed (see rumor #879087134) and then it is
out of action with in hours.

Anyway what I want to know is what were the changes to Metcard made by
Jeff Who??

C.
http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig