Re: [SA/VIC/NSW] Validating Tickets

"Michael" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
8FD88A7A6gunzelT333@139.130.239.94">news:8FD88A7A6gunzelT333@139.130.239.94...
> Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
> <NsqJ5.40114$YX4.1250051@news2.giganews.com>:
>
> >> Can I quote all the people that said only Melbourne has problems with
> >> validation and fair evasion, and all the other cities like Adelaide
> >> and Sydney are perfect?
> >
> >Nobody said that. What was said was that those who have tickets in those
> >cities validate them when required to do so, only in Melbourne do they
> >refuse to do so. All cities have their share of fare evaders, Melbourne
> >just has more stubborn bloody-mindedness. :-)
>
> Face it. Melbourne has spent too much money on Metcard. Now the cost is
set
> to *double* from the original price. I as a taxpayer don't want to foot
> the bill, and I'm sure most others don't. It will be cheaper to reinstate
> staff on all stations and trams and to scrap the machines completely.

Just have a lot more revenue protection staff, and fine people for not
validating (lets get this sorted out in the courts once and for all). Maybe
if it was used as intended (what is there now is *not* what was planned) it
would have been cheaper and more reiable (although I agree dailies should
have been available on-board trams).

Dave