Re: [NSW] Paralympics timetable: brainless timetabling?

Yes surely modifications COULD have been made to the Olympics TT, first
of all by removing some Blacktown-Olympic Park/Sydney-Olympic Park
runs, and restore peak-hour services and services to those area that
were bustituted.

It's the weekday off-peak that has the potential to cause chaos--with
North Shore & City Inner trains running into OP, then back out to West
and South (and even all stations to Olympic Park from Redfern!!!).

In article <39f140b2$0$11637$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

> "Marvin The Martian" <choochoo72@mailcity.com> wrote in message
> 39F12685.5B2A7C97@mailcity.com">news:39F12685.5B2A7C97@mailcity.com...
> > The Olympic timetable was great and I don't see why that was not
the model
> > for the paralympics. It was the only time cityrail has been praised.
>
> Because they still needed to run the normal timetable as well. During
the real
> Olympics kids were on holidays and a great many workers took leave or
worked
> from home. You couldn't expect that to happen again 2 and a half
weeks later
> for the Gympics.

|Hubert              hubert@imap4.com      |
|Public Transport Ticketing @              |