Re: Camden Trams

> > > As Far as I know, (Camden Line) was a Railway line but known as a
> > > tramway. The platforms at the stations  were raised to full height ie
> > > Camden and Narrellen.

Should be Narellan where the bank engine was stationed to assist the coalie
trains over Currans Hill.

> > And Maryfield, Kenny Hill, Currans Hill, Kirkham and Elderslie. Any
more?

Not that I remember.

Am I the only one left in this NG who actually helped to maintain this line
and travelled on it frequently. Who remembers the "Wig Wag" crossing signals
that protected the old Hume Highway level crossing. As far as I know there
were only two of these particular type crossing signals in NSW.

And who remembers the branch line from Richmond to Kurrajong which I have
also travelled on?

And what about Menangle Park Racecourse with the special trains?

And the Mittagong to Picton branch line which I have frequently travelled on
both by steam train, rail motor and motor quadricycle.
Ah memories!

Of course I could tell you about the Galong to Boorowa branch with a horse
caught by his leg in the old type level crossing and the weekly mixed
passenger due any minute but that can wait for another day.

franco