Re: Camden Trams

Usually such lines followed very closely along the side of roads and
generally a similar contour (for cheaper construction).
In Queensland there were many "tramways" since the State Government, by
legislation, built and owned "railways" whilst everyone else built and owned
"tramways". We had many Shire Council Tramways eg Beaudesert Shire Tramway
(3"6"), Cairns-Mulgrave Tramway (3'6"), Douglas Shire Tramway  (2'0"),
Buderim Tramway (2'6") and many others. BTW none of these was built
alongside roads except perhaps in short sections. All the railways connected
with sugar mills were referred to as "tramways" until the State Government
changed this (by legislation) to "railways" some years ago. This was because
of legal (court and insurance) requirements.

David Mewes

39e967f5$0$11609$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39e967f5$0$11609$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...