[VIC] Bayside Trains and Swanston Trams jobs.

>From the Bulletin Board for Swanston Trams:

JOBS AT SWANSTON TRAMS AND BAYSIDE TRAINS

Swanston Trams and Bayside Trains (as part of the National Express Group
Australia) is currently undertaking its biggest ever recruitment campaign.
Applications for Customer Service Representative (CSR) positions will
close on Friday, 27th October.
The following Customer Service Representative positions are available:
- Tram CSR (Authorised Officer)
- Tram CSR (Attendant/Roving Conductor)
- Train CSR (Authorised Officer)
- Train CSR (Train Patroller)
- Train CSR (Station Assistant)
- Tram Driver
- Train Driver

POSITION DETAILS:

Help Us Move Melbourne
With the franchises for Bayside Trains, Swanston Trams and V/Line
Passenger, National Express Group Australia provides transport services in
Melbourne and Victoria for more than 140 million passengers a year.
As stewards of such a major part of the public transport system, we have a
responsibility to encourage the use of public transport and help the
communities we serve realise the associated social, economic and
environmental benefits.
To attract more passengers we have to deliver improvements to all aspects
of our service. Our people have a vital role to play as it is their
constant focus on quality, service and safety that gives us our
competitive  edge. Over 2,500 employees already make a vital contribution
to our ongoing success and, as ambassadors of our business it is their
outstanding day-to-day work that builds our reputation for the future. We
are  looking to increase our focus on customer service with our biggest
recruitment ever. If you think you have the attitude, the drive and the
experience to play a major part in the development of better public
transport  we want to hear from you. We are now seeking people experienced
in customer service roles to join our team as Customer Service
Representatives and supervisory staff:

You will...  Provide friendly assistance and information about travel
options and information, timetables and  routes, fares and ticketing  Work
with state of the art equipment and new trains and trams, in many upgraded
facilities  Work with the general public, delivering a consistently high
level of customer service to a broad  cultural and demographic community
Be involved in some of Melbourne's high profile special and tourism events
Be proud to represent Swanston Trams and Bayside Trains with a
meticulously high level of  personal presentation  Be fanatical about
customers and colleagues personal safety and security  Be part of history,
as Melbournes much loved trams and trains improve services

You are...  Enthusiastic with a positive outlook and desire to deliver
uncompromising customer service  Resilient in the face of complex and
challenging situations  Highly motivated and can work autonomously  Highly
proficient in the English language written and especially verbal  An
Australian citizen/permanent resident

You must have experience in...  Working with the general public  A service
driven industry such as hospitality, tourism, sales, retail or direct
customer contact  Problem solving under pressure  Anticipating and meeting
complex customer needs proactively  Building rapport and relationships
with customers and colleagues  Flexible hours and shift work

You may have knowledge of...  Melbourne and suburbs, including tourist
destinations, major sights and facilities  Customer service principals  A
second language

Each Customer Service Representative will also have additional specific
duties and will operate on either trams or trains. The following Customer
Service Representative (CSR) positions are available:

Tram CSR (Authorised Officer)
In addition to customer service duties (above):
* Carry out ticket inspection on board trams in a friendly and non
confrontational manner
* Report ticket irregularities and other offences
under the Transport Act
* Become an accredited Authorised Officer under the Transport Act
* Participate in special events and assist passengers with changes to
services
* Undertake full time shift work, in teams
* Supervisory roles available

Tram CSR (Attendant/Roving Conductor)
In addition to customer service duties (above):
* Assist passengers to use the on board automatic ticket machines
* Check and sell tickets on board trams, at stops and at designated public
locations and events
* Participate in special events and assist passengers with changes to
services
* Undertake full time shift work, in teams
* Supervisory roles available

Train CSR (Authorised Officer)
In addition to customer service duties (above):
* Carry out ticket inspection on trains and at stations, in a friendly and
non confrontational manner
* Report ticket irregularities and other offences under the Transport Act
* Become an accredited Authorised Officer under the Transport Act
* Work on special events and assist passengers with changes to services
* Undertake full time shift work, in teams

Train CSR (Train Patroller)
In addition to customer service duties (above):
* Provide a presence for passengers using trains and facilities during
evening services
* Deter crime on board trains and within facilities
* Report damage to trains and facilities
* Become an accredited Authorised Officer under the Transport Act
* Report offences under the Transport Act
* Undertake full time shift work, in teams *Supervisory roles available
* Security license desirable

Train CSR (Station Assistant)
In addition to customer service duties (above):
* Sell tickets and provide advice at metropolitan and suburban stations
* Work in station control and make public announcements
* Check tickets at barriers and within stations
* Maintain a presence and customer assistance at stations
* Assist passengers to use ticket machines within station facilities
* Undertake part time shift work, in teams

Tram Driver
In addition to customer service duties (above):
* Drive various classes of electric trams
* Ensure passenger safety through reliable, safe driving and operating
practices
* Deliver a reliable, on-time and efficient service
* Undertake and utilise electronic signalling and communication systems
* Maintain a good general mechanical and technical understanding of trams
* Undertake public announcements
* Work on special events

Train Driver
In addition to customer service duties (above):
* Drive various classes of electric metropolitan trains
* Ensure passenger safety through reliable, safe driving and operating
practices
* Deliver a reliable, on-time and efficient service
* Undertake and utilise electronic signalling and communication systems
* Maintain a good general mechanical and technical understanding of trams
* Undertake public announcements
* Work on special events

All candidates will meet selection criteria including aptitude testing,
medical examinations and probity/security checks. Successful candidates
will undergo job specific training, achieve qualifications and will enjoy
an attractive wage and benefits. Swanston Trams and Bayside Trains are
equal opportunity employers and provide a smoke free environment.

How do I apply?
Please send written applications only including resume, nominated
references and appropriate qualifications to HOBAN Recruitment, Level 11
257 Collins Street Melbourne Vic 3000, OR email recruit@hoban.com.au.
Please include a covering letter with your application that clearly
indicates which position/s you are applying for.
Applications close Friday 27th October 2000. Previous applicants need not
apply.

C.
http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig