Re: Photo help - last night @ PLP

David

David Johnson wrote in message <39EEFEC5.451EDDF8@ozemail.com.au>...

|Try putting the camera in Auto and see what happens. :)

|--

When I brought the camera, that is what the guy at the photoshop suggested,
even when I told him the sort of photography that I did. His advice was to
get used to the camera first them try the manual settings. If the photos
turned out alright after a few times, I would have been quite happy to leave
it in auto.

However, my first couple of rolls were showing various trains out of focus
at high and low speed. I then read a few photography books to get my head
around f stops etc. I then tried using the manual function and after a
couple of attempts had it right for day photos and I'm happy with that.

When I went out to Paralympic Park the other night, I thought to myself that
if I use my daytime settings with an 800 speed film at the location after
the ceremony, there would be no problem. Despite the help I've had so far
(thanks to those who answered), I haven't got a guide to what shutter speed
to use on this type of occasion except for a slower shutter speed.

I might head to Paralympic Prk before the end of the games to try again :)

--
Eric
www.erk.au.com

This post was brought to you with