Re: Some Questions

"Glen O'Riley"
> OK thanks Dave, so basically anyone with one blind eye, but with a perfect
> second eye and definitly no colour blindness need not apply?

If they've got no colour blindness, they *can* apply  :-)

They check the usual height and weight, but it doesn't seem to matter much if
you've ever seen some train Drivers. Eye chart test, glasses OK. Blood
pressure, ECG, hearing tests. Diabetes piss test - I don't know if a positive
prevents initial employment, but it is now OK once you're on the job, if it's
under control, as there are Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics on the job. Colour
blindness is particularly important.

They also want to know what prescription drugs you're on. You only go to a
railway nominated doctor for Cityrail and FreightCorpse.