Re: Some Questions

"Glen O'Riley" <glen.orileyDES@PAMlinx.iwarp.com> wrote in message
8shcok$vmi$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:8shcok$vmi$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
> 1. Why is the NSW guage track considered the standar guage?

Because it was decided that that gauge would be the "standard", which is why
the TAR was built to it.

> 2. How strict are the medicals to become a driver of one of the city
> passenger fleet?

I believe they use similiar standards to the NRTC (National Road Transport
Council) - it can be found at
http://www.nrtc.gov.au/publications/med-stand.htm - these are the standards
that apply to truck, bus and taxi drivers.

> 3. Are there any decent simulations (beta or full) for both train driving
> and/or control (e.g. changing light colours and points)?

I use Train Controller and Track Builder - check out
http://www.signalcc.com/ - the trial version only lets you run it 10 times
(and only with their layout) whereas the full version lets you run any
layout. Track Builder lets you make your own layouts (and model them on real
layouts).

Dave