Re: [VIC] New Level crossing bells

Was it the type that was all steel and needed a fork lift to get it through
the door,or the big black alloy type,or was it the unpainted alloy back type
with the1/2 metal bell?
The later type can be a real pain,in that they are prone to "stick up" from
being out in the weather and vibration from road/rail plays havoc with
them.Sometimes they work sometimes they don't.You can go out to a xing
having received a report its not working and yes it is, or shake the pole
and it starts again.
They where not liked much by maintenance staff,too delicate!
If giving lots of trouble we usually whipped it of the pole and took it back
to the depot to play with,butttttttttttt.
That's most likely why they are now installing the electronic types.
Graeme
"Darren Hodges" <@vic.australis.com.au> wrote in message
8selv0$464$1@perki.connect.com.au">news:8selv0$464$1@perki.connect.com.au...
It was dead (as expected). I then moved a