Re: [VIC] New Level crossing bells

> Sounds like it might be the same as the new ones in Union Street, Brunswick,
> on the Upfield line. They remind me a bit of (some) British ones, which are
> very quiet once the booms have been lowered.

There is two different versions.  The ones flush with the pole (like
Epping and Kensington) and the type that have a Black speaker type thing
point towards the pedestrian crossings at the level crossings (like the
Upfield line, Mont Albert and a few other places)

Photo of the one at Kensington:
http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig/gallery/melb-metro/levelxing-bell.jpg

I understand they work on a time of day type thing to the volume of the
"bell" (or should I say tone).  ie day time is louder than night time.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news