Re: [VIC] New Level crossing bells

   These new level crossing bells have the technical name of 'Electronic
Tone Generators' but I reckon most people will still call them bells.
  The first installation at the Macaulay Rd. crossing at Kensington took
place in April  1998, initially on an experimental basis, a couple of
different designs were tried, on different sides of the crossing.
  I think that Yarraville has a set of these devices.
  Of course, they are useless as a warning to motorists, as most car drivers
have all their windows shut and the car radio at full bore, the only thing
that they would hear would be a stick of dynamite exploding under their
seat!
                         Kaboom!           Bill.
"Chris Gordon" <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
39E6B1F3.20D86DDC@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au">news:39E6B1F3.20D86DDC@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au...
> > Sounds like it might be the same as the new ones in Union Street,
Brunswick,