Re: Alice Springs - Darwin contract signing this week

Watch Darwin Port bloom when the line is completed - as Brisbane Port is
blooming now.

Ships will hit the nearest port with SG from whatever direction they come -
and the main ports will be Darwin and Brisbane, followed by Fremantle.

Melbourne and Adelaide are too far round from either direction, and Sydney
not popular due demurage charges and other problems.

There is unlikely to be enough traffic for two lines though, don't believe
the East Coast inland route will go north of Brisbane once AS/darwin is in
place,

Goldie

8sdpbi$fb7$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8sdpbi$fb7$1@nnrp1.deja.com...