Re: [Aust wide] Everyone in aus.rail

"Chris Brownbill" <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote in message
39E310AA.F12924A9@enternet.com.au">news:39E310AA.F12924A9@enternet.com.au...
> Was there also a line to the proposed Chowilla Dam - or was that just a
proposal
> which never actually came to fruition?  There was an article in Bulletin a
few
> years back.

There was some track laid - I remember seeing a photograph in a Sunday Mail
article about the Chowilla project, but I don't have any details.

While I think of it, what jetties and wharves in South Australia had
railways or tramways on them?

I can think of:

Kingston SE, Morgan, Murray Bridge, Milang, Goolwa, the original Port Elliot
terminus (1854), Granite Island, Glenelg, Semaphore(?), Outer Harbor, Port
Adelaide, Port Hughes(?), some places on Yorke Peninsula, Port Broughton,
Port Gemain.

Arthur.