Re: [Aust wide] Everyone in aus.rail

"Chris Brownbill" <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote in message
39E1C618.D04E6C43@enternet.com.au">news:39E1C618.D04E6C43@enternet.com.au...
> Geez that's a gazzetteer!  So what's your problem with the Merriton to
Port
> Pirie BG line?

I forgot to include that, and Woodville-Finsbury-Rosewater.

> How about Government Gums to Leigh Creek?  Mile End to
> Showgrounds?  Surely Marree to the Alice?  Woomera?  North Terrace
Showgrounds?
> Murray Bridge Port.

Maree to Alice was interesting, but I didn't like the idea of a line that
had to be rebuilt after every flood.

I should have included Woomera and Murray Bridge Port.

I also didn't include Middleton-Currency Creek (1885), Glenelg-Marino
(1880-1881).

For tramways, most of the Adelaide trams removed in 1958 and the
Lakeview-Mundoora-Port Broughton tram line are missed.

Finally, the only *re-opened after track pulled up* section I know of in SA,
Victor Harbour - Granite Island is a great reminder that sometimes a line
can be rebuilt.

In NSW, who could forget the line running north from Broken Hill which
included the site of the "Turks' last stand"?

> Arthur Marsh wrote:

[snip]

> > > Which closed line(s) do you missed the most?
> >
> > Just about all in SA:
> >
> > Willunga, Milang, Mount Pleasant, Robertstown, Morgan, Waikerie,
> > Cambrai/Sedan, Yinkanie, Barmera, Peebinga, Kingston SE, Mount Gambier,
> > Glencoe West, Beachport, Port Hughes via Paskerville, Spalding,
Penfield,
> > Truro, Hendon, Semaphore, Northfield, Outer Harbor balloon loop, Grange
old
> > station-Henley Beach, Glenelg, Lochiel, Radium Hill, Quorn-Hawker, Leigh
> > Creek-Maree, Wilmington, Quorn-Orroroo, Bowmans-Balaklava-Gladstone,
Coffin