Re: [Aust wide] Everyone in aus.rail

> > 1. How many railfan forums do you subscribe or visit regularly?
> about 3
>
> > 2.How many times to you gunzel each week?
> once a week to get pics but see trains on my way to and from work
>
> > 3.Ever went gunzel during:
> >
> > a. early hours of the morning(1am-5am)
>yes about a yr or two a ago seening the overland come in at dimbola about 1
or 2 am in the morning and watching an nrc service go through
also wondering around griffith yard at that hour of the morning on an arhs
trip
 > > b. extremely bad weather
> yes last yr chassing 3801/30 up in summit tank area and going through to
robbsion in the heavy fog and rain (that was the weekend where i lost my
licence for doing a u turn in the wrong spot

> > c. drive or travel hundreds/thousand miles just to see a train or
> > experience ride on a train.
>
> Yes going from sydney to junee on the overnight xpt then going south to
chase a mexcian steam trip to the border on the back of a motor bike
> > 4. Which railway company(ies)/operator(s) do you like best?
> well dont really have one but lvr is one of my best
>
> > 5. What is the longest delay you ever experienced?
> about an hour due to last 4 cars cathing fire in the a/c and a trip on the
way home when the v set droped a traction motor and the overhead sparked
causing the train to be come dark on the cowan bank

> > 6. Which preservation societies do you participate?
>none

> > 7. Any particular loco or train/EMU that you like best?
> 44 class nsw locomotives

> > Which train(s) that you been on before and no longer runs you missed the
most?
> the desiel hauled passenger trains like to griffth they were always fun to
ride and chase by motor bike

> > Which closed line(s) do you missed the most?
>well dont have one at 22 nevere did many lines when i was young and by then
most of the lines were done by bus
andrew