Re: Steam Trains

On Sun, 08 Oct 2000 11:33:23 +1000, robson <robson@cia.com.au> wrote:

>Mark Gough wrote:
>>
>> I would like to find out information about oil fired steam locos?
>> , ie how it was done and obtain drawings if possible.
>

>There was a booklet published by the Department of Railways NSW,
>Mechanical Branch in 1947 called:-
>
>"Steam Locomotives Specially Equipped For Burning Heavy Grade Fuel
>Oils and Instructions To Be Observed by Those Concerned In The
>Operation Of These Locomotives". It had a coloured drawing of the oil
>firing arrangements for a D55 class in it, including the fuel oil and
>steam lines fitted to the locomotive.
>
>The ARHS NSW Division may have a copy in its research library at
>Redfern. It often becomes available for sale secondhand. Someone on
>this newsgroup may even have a copy.

There was an article in the ARHS Bulletin in about the last year on this matter re the D55 class and
their post WW11 conversion to oil burners.

Cheers
Peter
Peter & Susan Cokley
petan @ powerup.com.au
http://www.welcome.to/petan
For personal replies to this message, remove NOSPAM from our address to avoid bounced mail.