Re: Steam Trains

Mark Gough wrote:

> I would like to find out information about oil fired steam locos?
> , ie how it was done and obtain drawings if possible.

There was a booklet published by the Department of Railways NSW,
Mechanical Branch in 1947 called:-

"Steam Locomotives Specially Equipped For Burning Heavy Grade Fuel
Oils and Instructions To Be Observed by Those Concerned In The
Operation Of These Locomotives". It had a coloured drawing of the oil
firing arrangements for a D55 class in it, including the fuel oil and
steam lines fitted to the locomotive.

The ARHS NSW Division may have a copy in its research library at
Redfern. It often becomes available for sale secondhand. Someone on
this newsgroup may even have a copy.