Re: [Vic] Gellibrand (was Re: [NSW] Holbrook railway)

Yes, map producers' treatment of railways can be hilarious.  I think I've
mentioned here before the Mobile Phone coverage maps - available free from
Telstra and Octopus dealers.  They have some real rippers.  My Telstra coverage
map of Vic shows some loooong closed lines whilst not showing some more recently
closed lines.  For example, it shows the Colac-Beech Forest line (closed 1962),
Birregurra-Forrest  (closed '60s?), Warrnambool - Port Fairy (closed late '70s),
Kerang - Murrabit - Stony Crossing! (Closed 1940s?), Colac to Cressy (closed
early '60s), Leongatha to Yarram and Port Albert (early '80s), Carlsruhe -
Daylesford (late '70s), North Creswick to Daylesford (late '50s), Epping to
Whittlesea and LOTS of others.  It even seems to have the Moe to Erica part of
the narrow gauge line and something South of Alexandra (Rubicon tramway
maybe?).  The real knockout though is it even shows the Lal Lal Racecourse
line!  Across the border it shows The Rock to Mangoplah.  On the other hand - it
DOESN'T show the relatively recently closed lines to Mansfield beyond Yea (late
'70s), Branxholme to Casterton, Hamilton to Coleraine, Heathcote Junction to
Heathcote (and Bendigo), Clarkefield to Lancefield, Cressy to Newtown, Diggora
West (Warragamba) to Gunbower (Cohuna line) nor Maldon to Shelbourne South.  It
also doesnt show the currently Open Puffing Billy line Lakeside to Gembrook nor
WGR's Thomson to Walhalla line.

Actually, its got more railway on it that many other maps - and its available
free if you pretend you're interested in buying a mobile phone.