Re: Today (Sat) on 22 plat. Central

In article <39dd0d79$0$11610$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

> <signal_spotter@my-deja.com

> > train in front after tripping on the intermediate or following trip

> > designed to prevent you from hitting a train, on purpose or
accidently, when
> > you have a reduced overlap because of a train ahead. And the only
way
> > you could hit that train would be to pass the ITS at the correct
speed
> > then accelerate and then trip the trainstop at the signal at a
higher
> > speed. This would mean that you're stopping distance would be
longer. Now
> > if you want to drive with a death wish then let me know what trains
you

> > think that trains shouldn't be bunched up. Is that what you're
implying by
> > unecessary?
> > >
> > > I'm *still* saying I think they're unnecessary.
> > >

> > But you haven't given a reason why you think they're unnecessary.
>
> Gee, what's that up in the first paragraph.

Obviously I've read that reply but I'm not convinced that's a valid
reason.

> > You've just come out with a opinionated statement. I'm interested in
> > hearing why you think they're unnecessary.
>
> Please read the first paragraph again and you'll find out why. BTW,
when were
> opinionated statements outlawed?

Who said they were outlawed? Not I. I just explained the difference
between a 'reason' and a 'statement'. Now in response to your other
reply, I would love to go on a jolly around Australia sitting in the
drivers cab all day long to get back in touch with reality but
unfortunately I have to continue incompetently designing these  signals
using the tools that I have been given. Which reminds me, I have to get
back to work and not continue this pointless thread. However I'm sure
you'll continue it with some juvenile response.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.