Re: [ot] pushiness, was [NSW] Post Olympics

Tezza wrote in message
<39d9d31f$0$12426$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>...
>Ok, I'll say it, Asians are rude and pushy when it comes to public places,
they push in line and they stand right in front of train
>doors and elevator doors, forcing the people getting off to have to push
through them. I see it every day. The Japs and the Indians
>don't seem to do it though. The only way anyone could deny this is to look
at it through their PC blinkers.

Mmmmm....

I suspect that rudeness and pushiness are a function of the size of the
city/town from which one comes.

For a long time I lived in Sydney, where pushiness is getting closer to the
next commuter than about 20cm.

I spent a few years in Zeehan (pop. 1,200) and then a few years in Dunwich
(pop. 2,000).  In these places pushiness is getting closer than about 100 cm
to a stranger in a crowd.

Returning to Sydney, I really felt threatened the first time I got in a
queue at Circular Quay!

I suspect that the proximity to a stranger which represents "pushiness"
depends on whether one comes from Zeehan, or from Sydney, or from Hong Kong!

Rgds

Bill