Re: Today (Sat) on 22 plat. Central

Tezza wrote:

> > PS. The reason we put Intermediate Trainstops in is so you drivers
> > don't become the meat in a metal sandwich. So don't try and beat the
> > system 'cause it's your life.
>
> In most places I've seen them, I'd consider them totally unnecessary.

A good example of this is Mortdale on the down.   You get a low speed on the
home before the platform (which is conditional clearing), then an
intermediate trip at the start of the platform.  This stays up, even if the
calling on is cleared at the departure end of the platform for a movement
into the sheds.  The trip on the calling on is down, while the intermediate
trip in the rear is up!  This allows a train after passing the intermediate
trip to accelerate considerably before the calling on.   Seems a bit
backwards to me.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au