Re: [Vic/SA] Very long Overland tonight

In article <r_CC5.2710$bI6.197542@news1.giganews.com>,
  "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> "Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
> sCCC5.850$aD2.3315@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:sCCC5.850$aD2.3315@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > "Taliesin Walker" <taliesin@chariot.net.au> wrote in message
> > 39d9dd2a.2723521@news.chariot.net.au">news:39d9dd2a.2723521@news.chariot.net.au...
> by
> > > Sure, but how often to planes run late? I've only travelled by
air a
> > > few times but planes have run very late almost all the time, but
> > > perhaps I was unlucky.
> >
> > When I was a kid, we took the Intercapital Daylight from Melbourne
> > Sydney. Arrived 5 hours late :-)
> >
> > The Southern Aurora back a week later was right on time though.
>
> Yeah, but the Aurora stood out near Footscray for about half an hour
to wait
> for the Daylight. I asked the conductor once what we were waiting
for, and
> he said that it was for the Daylight to clear Spencer St - why they
could
> not have put us away somewhere closer to Dynon is beyond me.
>
> Dave

Or use platform 2 instead???

Overland do this quite often these days if XPT left Spencer street late
then Overland would have to hang around Tottenham for a few minutes.
Possibly have something to do with the train length. Also I don't think
XPT can be refuel from platform 2 of Spencer Street. Overland 's
current schedule is a bit conservative as if there is nothing wrong en
route, the train can do the trip in about 10 hours flat.

--
Cheers

RR3

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/