Re: [Vic/SA] Very long Overland tonight

In article <8rcg63$h3n$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  John Dennis <jdennis@acslink.net.au> wrote:
> In article <8r9tnd$ec2$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
>   Railway Rasputin3 <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote:
> > The Overland tonight is very very long consists of:
> >
> [snip]
> > This must be the longest consist for Overland since a long time. It
is
> > almost as long as The Ghan. Carry on the good work GSR!!
>
> It almost looks like a double consist - nothing to do with returning
the
> cars after an extra service perhaps?
All the carriages were full when i was there last night.

> Incidentally, a railfan friend of mine travelled back from Adelaide a
> couple of Sunday's ago, and was not impressed at all with the
>Overland.

Be totally honest with you...nether do I especially if you travelling
from Adelaide to Melbourne on first class. The food was just average,
for first class passengers you really don't get much at all since the
seats(or berth) are non-recline. First class passengers have only one
club car where coach class gets 2 club cars, hence more place to move
about/stretch leg.

The train itself is not very luxury, not like IP/Ghan where you feel
it's worthy of spending extra money and time to travel by train. You
won't get those tolietry pack like Indian Pacific/Ghan/Queenslander
either.

I hope GSR can do more improvements to Overland inorder to hold on the
passengers.

--
Cheers

RR3