Re: [Vic/SA] Very long Overland tonight

In article <8relfo$art$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Railway Rasputin3 <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote:

> > Sure, but how often to planes run late? I've only travelled by air a
> > few times but planes have run very late almost all the time, but
> > perhaps I was unlucky.
> Also I tried out the daylight Overland for the first time in July. I
> found the scenery en route was quite good,I would say just as good as
> QR's North Coast line aka <Sunshine route>.
>
> Could you see all that scenery on a plane? or driving while you
> concentrate on the traffic?

There is no doubt that planes run late - but normally when you get to
the airport the screens, and the check-in attendants, tell you what is
going on.  At Keswick there was no information as to when the train was
going to leave, except for the "10  minutes to arrival" announcement
which was wrong by 20 minutes.

There is also no doubt that the very best way to see the scenery is by
train.  Although on this trip the 90 mile desert doesn't help, where the
mallee obscures the view on both sides almost totally.

JD
--
John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway