Re: [Vic/SA] Very long Overland tonight

> My mate was more concerned with what happened before departure than
the
> actual journey, I think.  The train arrived from Melbourne 90 minutes
> late, with only one single announcement at Keswick ("the train will
> arrive in ten minutes" -  but it took 30 to arrive - how can they get
> that wrong?)
hmm...actually by calling GSR (132147) they have an up to date
information on train arrivals , and it gets update very often.

> When the train arrived there was no rush to turn it around, so it left
> 90 minutes late.  Before departure he wandered down to take a photo of
> the BL, and returned to find the car doors locked - once again with no
> announcements.  He finally find an unlocked door, but the
communication
> doors between the cars were also locked, so he couldn't return to his
> seat.  The door he entered by was then locked by the connie, checking
> tickets. A girl, not travelling, then tried to leave the train but
> couldn't.  Still no announcements.  After attracting the attention of
> the connie (whatever they are called these days) she was let off.
> Presumably if she had been in another car she would have had a trip to
> the first station.
First stop would be Murray Bridge, a rather long journey....wondered
how would she get back if she didn't leave the train. But sounds like
due to the lateness everything worked rather un-organised.

> The train seemed to make no attempt to regain time, despite not
crossing
> any more than just a couple of opposing trains, which were put away in
> the loop in any case.
ARTC's problem. I noticed the same thing when I took the Sydney-
Melbourne XPT last week. ARTC let XPT put away in just about every loop
despite no train what so ever.

>  It arrived in Melbourne 90 minutes late, and we
> can only assume that it would remain 90 minutes late until it finally
> came to day when it didn't run.
Someone said it in another thread....the potential for Overland is 9.5
hours on this route. However this can only achieve if there is no speed
restriction nor meets any trains/put in the loop etc.

--
Cheers

RR3

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/