OT - Slides (was: Slide Scanners)

Michael Lewis wrote:

> Unless you actually want to project slides from an old type slide
> projector, I think their days are numbered.

I don't think the days of slides are numbered. I find that slide films
produce a better range of colours and a higher colour saturation than
most print films. I also think slides show detail in the shadows a lot
better than any print film I have ever seen. I used to use prints back
in 1994 but now I never touch the film.

For the general public, prints are more convenient. However, I think
there will be a market for slides for quite a long time due to their
higher quality image (in my opinion). With today's high quality scanners
and photo quality printers you can scan slides, enhance them with
Photoshop and then print them off if you want prints of your really
spectacular shots. The price of digital imaging is dropping rapidly
while the quality is rising at an equally fast rate.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au