Re: [Melb] Old railway line

"David McLoughlin" <davemcl@NO***damned***SPAMiprolink.co.nz> wrote in
message 3a25d935@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:3a25d935@news.iprolink.co.nz...
> There have been proposals since a 1968 Melbourne transport report to
> extend the No 3 tram to Chadstone. I seem to recall a comment in this
> group some long time ago that the manager/owner (?) of the shopping
> centre was opposed to public transport access. Is that right?
>
> Who owns the Chadstone mall now? Westfield? That damned company has just
> taken over most of NZ's shopping malls and believe me it has been for

Gandel owns Chadstone. Westfield owns Southland, Doncaster, and a bunch of
others.

Gandel continues to provide bus bays closer to the Chadstone entrances than
any of the car parking. The PTC did more to destroy public transport usage
to Chadstone than anybody else, especially with their 1991 cutbacks that saw
the withdrawal of almost all Friday night services, and Saturday (the
busiest day) services chopped back mostly to hourly - or worse.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au