Re: [Melb] Old railway line

Anthony Morton wrote:

 Admittedly a tram
> deviating via Chadstone Rd / Poath Rd would probably be more convenient for
> all the Chaddie shoppers.

There have been proposals since a 1968 Melbourne transport report to
extend the No 3 tram to Chadstone. I seem to recall a comment in this
group some long time ago that the manager/owner (?) of the shopping
centre was opposed to public transport access. Is that right?

Who owns the Chadstone mall now? Westfield? That damned company has just
taken over most of NZ's shopping malls and believe me it has been for
the worst. They have also just announced plans to build a massive mall,
11 floors high, with parking for tens of thousands of cars, right in the
middle of an already highly congested inner suburb just down the road
from me.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand