Re: Adelaide Hills tonnage limit reduced

Shouldn't the private rail industry be learning to lobby a bit for a
new line ?  Threatened closures etc usually get some fiscal response
out of governments. The trucking industry is certainly aggressive in
this regard. But I guess those who see themselves as being in
the 'seeds and rocks' haulage business like ASR probably have less need
for a new line.

Ben

> Bypassing the Adelaide Hills as proposed by the now
> dead federally owned ANR/AN many years ago is the
> answer, but we have no pollies willing to do that.
>
> ....Tell
>
> >"Peter J. Vincent" <pjv101@netspace.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Train tonnage has been reduced to 4000t per train for trains
through the
> > adelaide hills ( and presumably the ADE-MEL corridor ).
> >
> > This has been caused by significant delays to train running due to
> > failure of automatics couplings ( "pulled autos" ).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.