Re: Boy, 15, cracks skull in train leap

Darren Hodges <@vic.australis.com.au> wrote in message
9035oe$pho$1@perki.connect.com.au">news:9035oe$pho$1@perki.connect.com.au...

> "Marvin The Martian" <choochoo72@spin.net.au> wrote in message
> 3A248719.4A7CF3EB@spin.net.au">news:3A248719.4A7CF3EB@spin.net.au...
> > The dumb prick should think himself lucky. It reminds me of a story that
> > happened a few years ago when a schoolkid jumped on a train at Blacktown
> but it
> > wasn't stopping where he wanted to get off (Kingswood or Werrington, I
> can't
> > remember). They were still scraping him off the platform the next day.
>

> I was doing a bit of rail watching from the footbridge at Hexham station
> about 2 years ago and was a little shocked to see an elderly lady exit the
> rear of a 4 car railmotor set. The last 2 cars didn't fit in the platform
so
> she decided to get off as the train accelerated away from the platform and
> landed on her face. Probably doing 20-30km/h at the time. The guard saw
her
> and stopped the train. About an hour later she was seen walking along the
> road almost at the next station along the line. Seems she'd got off a
> station early after all that. You really have to wonder about some people,
> don't you? Made for something different on my video though.  :)
>
> Darren H.

That one reminds me of a mate of mine.  A couple of years ago, he missed a
train out of Newcastle after a party, and didn't want to wait the hour or so
until the next one, so he walked home.. to East Maitland.  It only took him
about 7 hours to do the 40-odd km, with trains passing him between stations.
Ah, the pleasures of drunkenness.

But still, walking from Hexham to Tarro??  Makes you wonder....