Re: Boy, 15, cracks skull in train leap

"Marvin The Martian" <choochoo72@spin.net.au> wrote in message
3A248719.4A7CF3EB@spin.net.au">news:3A248719.4A7CF3EB@spin.net.au...
> The dumb prick should think himself lucky. It reminds me of a story that
> happened a few years ago when a schoolkid jumped on a train at Blacktown
but it
> wasn't stopping where he wanted to get off (Kingswood or Werrington, I
can't
> remember). They were still scraping him off the platform the next day.

I was doing a bit of rail watching from the footbridge at Hexham station
about 2 years ago and was a little shocked to see an elderly lady exit the
rear of a 4 car railmotor set. The last 2 cars didn't fit in the platform so
she decided to get off as the train accelerated away from the platform and
landed on her face. Probably doing 20-30km/h at the time. The guard saw her
and stopped the train. About an hour later she was seen walking along the
road almost at the next station along the line. Seems she'd got off a
station early after all that. You really have to wonder about some people,
don't you? Made for something different on my video though.  :)

Darren H.