Re: Weather radar

"Glen O'Riley" <glen.orileyDES@PAMlinx.iwarp.com> wrote in message
903uqt$pj3$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:903uqt$pj3$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
> Ahh Paul, yeah I have membership with ASWA and currently have both the 128
&
> 256 loops loaded on the wx monitor (I have dedicated computer to
> satpic/radar/synoptic/warnings/etc). Just flicked from the 128 Sydney
(after
> yesterdays episode) to the 256, forgot to do so last night. Both are
always
> loaded to the taskbar. Hey what is the go with Willie, it seems to quite
> regularly play up? The 8.58 am Kattron is showing some promising results.
> All west of Sydney is light up.

Glen,
I'd e-mail this directly to you but your e-mail address doesn't seem to work
so apologies to others in the newsgroup.
The Williamtown radar is also used as a windfinding radar and can be
expected to be unavailable from time to time. Check out the legend on the
map.
As for the 8:58 am Kattron - I have no idea what you are talking about. I
work in the networking section of the Bureau and I don't have a detailed
knowledge of all the equipment in the field so I'm not surprised. Sorry.
Paul HAmbleton