Re: Weather radar

"Glen O'Riley" <glen.orileyDES@PAMlinx.iwarp.com> wrote in message
902tij$c3h$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:902tij$c3h$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
> Looks exactly the same as what I get through a group I am in! They also
get
> it off the BOM but the web page I use does 1/2 the work for me and updates
> every ten minutes. The actuall picture from the BOM in the URL given is
only
> updated every 10 as well so I am led to believe.

Glen,
Your group must a "registered user" because until this week, these images
were not available to the general public. Registered users (with passwords
etc.) can also get 256 km images as well as loops of the 128 km images. Some
of these features will be available to the general public later.
You are right - the images are updated every 10 minutes - that's why I used
the phrase "almost real time". Maybe that was a bit optimistic. The current
images hit the web server about 8 minutes after the radar generates them but
this delay will be reduced soon by some software changes and hardware
upgrades.

Paul Hambleton
I work at the Bureau but this e-mail message is not to be considered
"official".