Auzzie.rail catching up.

To all Aus.Railers.

Hello I'm back. And have a fair bit of catching up to do on this NG as
Deja (Some of you use Deja to access Aus.rail through your browser) all
of a sudden displayed archives of this ng from a month back or so!!
Anywayz to catch up (forgive me if there has been a discussion on any
of my items):

-I have recently acquired a new camera! Replacing my previous piece of
apparatus (Ricoh 35mm which I'm planning to use B & W film, suggested
by another Aus.railer).
My new Camera is a Minolta, Dynax 300s1 with 28-210mm Zoom, Cosina AF,
Marumi  UV lens, flash, THE LOT!!!
I'm extremely proud of it (like a man and his car!) and simply can't
wait to try it out!

Next holidays I'm planning to take up Photography and Train Chasing.
This camera will do just fine!

-Train Chasing I'm planning to travel to these destinations. From
Penrith to:

-Katoomba then
-Central
-Hawksbury River
-Waterfall or even beyond
-Strathfield and finally back to
-Penrith.

Let me have an opinion here, is it possible that all that can be done
in one day?
Cost? I have checked and it will get me under either $15 or $10 to
travel on a Child (I really like my age!), One-Way and maybe even
cheaper if Off-Peak.

-I'm just wondering, I'm sure I asked some of yous (When I had the
communication 'blackout' with Aus.rail) about trying to get acess to
Delec and the 3801ltd. shed at Eveleigh.

Is it possible at Delec (Suggested by someone "on a Sunday with no
bosses around") that I can walk into the office and ask if they can
give me acess to the 46 class (4638)?
Or just wonder in with my trusty Orange Safety vest on a Sunday as well
not going to close to the sheds (suggested by someone else)

Same applies for the 3801ltd. sheds. Ask politely for the people in the
office (In the former "Sputnik" Motor Car?) if they can give me access
to the large and very stylish 3801?

-Chullora (formerly Elcar, until those big Newspaper Rollers came in
and flattened it!). Anything good there today, that I can see from the
boundary fence?

-What's a good viewing spot for the Enfield Marshalling Yards?
Wentworth St.?

-Hardies, Goodyear and Sandown branch still existing? (Anyone got any
pics. of those stations?

-In Photography, Black and White film. where can I get it from
(Preferably in Penrith, ksk ksk, Erk and Neety)? and would it be
cheaper or much more expensive?
What is the typical colour film you Pro's use in your camera's (I think
Kodak Max seems to odd for a Rookie Phtographer!)

-And last but not least, Lithgow Locomotive Depot, like Delec, can I
gain access there (Where the 46 Class's were formerly Stowed)?

I think I should finish there, gone a little bit far to catch up!
Anywayz tell me what you all think.
In the mean time,
Cheers:-)

Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
P.S. Delec is on which Road? cogrove Rd. or Gould St.?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.