Re: Auzzie.rail catching up.

maikha_l@hotmail.com wrote:

> -I have recently acquired a new camera! Replacing my previous piece of
> apparatus (Ricoh 35mm which I'm planning to use B & W film, suggested
> by another Aus.railer).
> My new Camera is a Minolta, Dynax 300s1 with 28-210mm Zoom, Cosina AF,
> Marumi  UV lens, flash, THE LOT!!!
> I'm extremely proud of it (like a man and his car!) and simply can't
> wait to try it out!

I was like that when I got my new camera (Minolta 404si with a 28-200mm
Tamron
lens) :-)

> Next holidays I'm planning to take up Photography and Train Chasing.
> This camera will do just fine!
>
> -Train Chasing I'm planning to travel to these destinations. From
> Penrith to:
>
> -Katoomba then
> -Central
> -Hawksbury River
> -Waterfall or even beyond
> -Strathfield and finally back to
> -Penrith.
>
> Let me have an opinion here, is it possible that all that can be done
> in one day?
> Cost? I have checked and it will get me under either $15 or $10 to
> travel on a Child (I really like my age!), One-Way and maybe even
> cheaper if Off-Peak.

Work for the railways - then it wont cost you anything :-)

Try a DayRover ticket.

Earlier in the year somebody said you can get the 00:09 Lithgow train
(from Syd T), come back and then
get a Newcastle train, and then a Dapto train within a 24hr period.
Search the archives.

> -I'm just wondering, I'm sure I asked some of yous (When I had the
> communication 'blackout' with Aus.rail) about trying to get acess to
> Delec and the 3801ltd. shed at Eveleigh.
> Is it possible at Delec (Suggested by someone "on a Sunday with no
> bosses around") that I can walk into the office and ask if they can
> give me acess to the 46 class (4638)?
> Or just wonder in with my trusty Orange Safety vest on a Sunday as well
> not going to close to the sheds (suggested by someone else)

Let me guess, you were talking to Andrew Tailby about Delec?

I'd give them a call and make sure its ok to drop in first. I don't
think
they'd really like a kid wandering around unsupervised.

> Same applies for the 3801ltd. sheds. Ask politely for the people in the
> office (In the former "Sputnik" Motor Car?) if they can give me access
> to the large and very stylish 3801?

3801 would be the same.

Why not wait until the 38 goes out West and then get some pics?

> -In Photography, Black and White film. where can I get it from
> (Preferably in Penrith, ksk ksk, Erk and Neety)? and would it be
> cheaper or much more expensive?

I used to get my B&W film from the Kodak place near the newsagent in the
Plaza.
It was $6.95 a roll. Make sure it's the film they develop instore, and
not the one
they have to send away.

I gave up on B&W film. I now use Fuji 200 (thanks DJ) or 400. Big W
Penrith sells
a 3 pack of Fuji 200 (24 exp) for about $12. But try one of the other
photo stores
in the Plaza as you can buy 6 and 8 packs of Fuji film there.

> P.S. Delec is on which Road? cogrove Rd. or Gould St.?

Cosgrove Rd, Enfield.

--
Anita Lukaszyk
neety@iprimus.com.au