Re: Auzzie.rail catching up.

Maikha

Give the Railpage archives a look if you want to catch up and not reply.

<maikha_l@hotmail.com> wrote in message 902ikg$gr3$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:902ikg$gr3$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
| To all Aus.Railers.
|
| Hello I'm back.
|
| -Train Chasing I'm planning to travel to these destinations. From
| Penrith to:
|
| -Katoomba then
| -Central
| -Hawksbury River
| -Waterfall or even beyond
| -Strathfield and finally back to
| -Penrith.

You could do it all in one day if you don't want to spend long in each
location, especially if going by train. You could spread it over a few days
though. That is even a long schedule by car if you are doing the driving (or
a long day for the pilot if you are the co-pilot/navigator). I'd do Katoomba
and Lithgow in one day, Waterfall & Wollongong another and the Hunter on
another day. As for Penrith, you have lots of time for that...........

 Let me have an opinion here, is it possible that all that can be done
| in one day?
| Cost? I have checked and it will get me under either $15 or $10 to
| travel on a Child (I really like my age!), One-Way and maybe even
| cheaper if Off-Peak.
|

| -I'm just wondering, I'm sure I asked some of yous (When I had the
| communication 'blackout' with Aus.rail) about trying to get acess to
| Delec and the 3801ltd. shed at Eveleigh.
|
| Is it possible at Delec (Suggested by someone "on a Sunday with no
| bosses around") that I can walk into the office and ask if they can
| give me acess to the 46 class (4638)?
| Or just wonder in with my trusty Orange Safety vest on a Sunday as well
| not going to close to the sheds (suggested by someone else)

I was near Delec the other day (I was trying to be a good gunzel and doing
it legally from behind the fences) and found that the best views are on
Cosgrove Street (where the depot is actually located) and Gould Street but
you really need a zoom lens (and it isn't the prettiest with fences and
other stuff everywhere). I find it unlikely that they'll let an
unaccompanied minor (or anyone for that matter but I might be wrong) walk in
there, especially while movements are going on. There still would be some
bosses around on a Sunday - who do you think supervises the drivers?

| Same applies for the 3801ltd. sheds. Ask politely for the people in the
| office (In the former "Sputnik" Motor Car?) if they can give me access
| to the large and very stylish 3801?

See above. There are plently of locations that you can do this as part of a
tour.

| -Chullora (formerly Elcar, until those big Newspaper Rollers came in
| and flattened it!). Anything good there today, that I can see from the
| boundary fence?
|
| -What's a good viewing spot for the Enfield Marshalling Yards?
| Wentworth St.?

Wentworth Street is a good (the only?) spot.

| -Hardies, Goodyear and Sandown branch still existing? (Anyone got any
| pics. of those stations?

As stated before (you might have missed it), the stations are long gone but
the line still exists and sees oil & container trains as well as stabled
trains on race days at Rosehill.

| -In Photography, Black and White film. where can I get it from
| (Preferably in Penrith, ksk ksk, Erk and Neety)? and would it be
| cheaper or much more expensive?
| What is the typical colour film you Pro's use in your camera's (I think
| Kodak Max seems to odd for a Rookie Phtographer!)

ksk, ksk?

neety's experience with b & w is more extensive than mine and the only 2 b &
w films I have ever brought were from the photo shop near Franklins in the
Plaza. I usually buy Agfa 400 ASA now in the 3 packs at Big W. It might be
worth going for a walk and comparing the prices at the photo shops and Big W
in the Plaza as well as K Mart. I have used Konica, Fuji, Kodak (only 800
ASA) and Agfa and even No Frills with good results. Keep in mind that at
most places, processing B & W is more expensive than colour. Prices do vary
from location to location and film to film.

| -And last but not least, Lithgow Locomotive Depot, like Delec, can I
| gain access there (Where the 46 Class's were formerly Stowed)?

If you have a zoom lens, a good spot is Scenic Hill above the Depot (I must
to the depot on the Lithgow side that gives you good legal views of the yard
from behind a low fence.

| I think I should finish there, gone a little bit far to catch up!
| Anywayz tell me what you all think.
| In the mean time,
| Cheers:-)
|
| Maikha "V" Ly
| http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
| P.S. Delec is on which Road? cogrove Rd. or Gould St.?
|

| Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
| Before you buy.

Eric

Email: erkV69@erk.au.com (remove the V69)

"We earn $3 per hour. Where do you
want me to live? The Hilton?" - Pauly, Pizza.(SBS-TV)