Re: w32.hybris.gen.Virus

"Michael" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
8FFAEEEB1gunzelT333@203.164.20.149">news:8FFAEEEB1gunzelT333@203.164.20.149...
> Comtrain@optusnet.com.au (Rod [comtrain]) wrote in
> <3a225999$0$19417$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>:
>
> >Last night we took out a Sydney Provider[shut him down for a few hours],
> >which was not such a bad thing, because he refused to give out
> >information about one of his clients who was annoying a lot of people in
> >Albury/Wodonga. We certainly got his attention, and not a whiff of
>
> ISP's can't legally give out any information on any of their clients
> without a special request from a law enforcement department, under the
> privacy act.

The Privacy Act 1988 is an Act of the Commonwealth Parliament applicable
only to Commonwealth and ACT Government agencies, and also to credit
providers. It is arguable as to whether an ISP is a credit provider, if they
receive payment in advance then they are not credit providers, and do not
fall under the Privacy Act.

> If the ISP does give out the information, they can be prosecuted for
> supplying information protected by the privacy act. Or something to this
> effect...

Cite?

Dave