Re: [NSW]SRA billed $15m for airport link's shortfalls

I can't see why the obvious doesn't occur to those concerned with
fares to the airport.

The $10 or whatever over and above the usual rail fare is virtually a
fixed fare. A large proportion of passengers would go to the City
(inbound travellers) or within 10km (locals) in which case the cab
fare for 2 people would win hands down.

Were the "fare" (airport access charge or whatever it is called)
distance related they would start to pick up the tourists as well as
distant residents living Hornsby or Penrith.

You have to be aware that unlike Heathrow or other many airports
Mascot is close to the city, the destination of most arrivals, or is
this too obvious??

Simon B.