Re: how many cityrail employees can you fit into a drivers cab?

$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> >   "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
> >
> > > Frankly the recommendation was probably about the most useless
> > amongst what  were generally fairly good recommendations.
> >
> > Shows what you know, having an unnecessary person in the cab has
> > directly led to at least one accident up here.
>
> If "up here" is bananaland, the recomenendations had nothing to do
with you.
> It was a useless recomendatiuon, widely ignored.

No it wasn't. Another person, who is not the driver, can interfere with
the drivers concentration, to the point of not paying correct attention
to signals.

Three years ago, a guy happily chatting with his mate, ran past a
signal & ended up in the side of a freight train.

> > Two guy guys in the cab, chatting happily.
> > Both missed the red light,
>
> So you're saying we should have DOO on everything? Yeah, much safer -
NOT.

DOO is safe, providing the support systems are put in place for the
driver. Or are you saying that you need someone to hold your hand to
look after the big mean train?

> > then there were three.
>
> Three what?

Drivers, as in hitting another train.

> > Note: Where signalling systems exist to aid the driver in viewing
the
> > system, and these fail, THEN and only then should another
driver/guard
> > get in the cab.
>
> In the case of freight, there should always be 2 up the front.

Why? You havn't provided a reason...  Do you just get lonely?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.