Re: Connex timetable

Yes, when it gets to Parliament, the departure screens there and beyond
would show it as an Alamein train. That's more useful to waiting passengers
than saying it just goes to Flinders Street.

Frankston line people like me get the same when we're waiting in loop
stations for a train home on weekends (when all trains through South Yarra
to the city go via the loop then to Flinders Street).

However, if you just miss the appropriate train in this situation, it's
sometimes useful to catch the next one to Flinders Street, where if there's
a few minutes' layover, you may be able to get the one you missed. Or on
weekends you may be able to find a train going the other way, straight to
Richmond and catch it there.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia