Re: [NSW]SRA billed $15m for airport link's shortfalls

"Bill Bolton" <billboltonREMOVE-TO-EMAIL@computer.org> wrote in message
eg8b1tk0eohgbavfsnfuhkpvde78pouk6u@4ax.com">news:eg8b1tk0eohgbavfsnfuhkpvde78pouk6u@4ax.com...
> "William Miller" <backtran@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > From out my way (Parramatta) cab fare to the airport is about $40-50 one
way
> > while the one way rail fare is $11:40.
>
> Unless you live next to the station at Paramatta, that's not a fair
> comparision as it not comparing door to door travel.  While rail may
> have straight forward fare advantages, that is only part of the issue
> in terms of choosing travel modes to an airport.

I am at Glenmore Park, about 5km south of Penrith station - it is still
cheaper to get someone to drop me at Penrith station, or get a bus or a cab,
and get the train, rather than cab all the way through or cab from Central.

Dave