Re: BHP Rail in USA?

Dave Proctor wrote:

> "davep" <davep@quik.com> wrote in message news:3A17F40C.5139D1BD@quik.com...
>
> > Is it possibly BM&LP (Black Mesa & Lake Powell)?  They use E60s
> > (US/GE Nomenclature) to haul coal on a dedicated line (no
> > connection to the US rail net).  Sundry web sites will yield
> > more details.  Line runs ca 60 mi (?) from mine to power plant.

I don't believe that BHP Minerals has anything to do with the mines on
the BM&LP or the Navajo generating station at Page, Arizona.

They do, however, operate the three mines that feed the Four Corners
generating station.  The railroad that serves this power plant is also
electric and operates E60 locomotives.  The railroad is called the
Navajo Railroad, to add to the confusion, and operates entirely within
the plant's property.

> It is an article about the mines where four states join (can't remembe which
> four states though, and too lazy to walk out to the car to get the mag to
> look).

New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado